Recently I did a poll on @instagram (btw FOLLOW ME: @brandonperritte) asking what I should write about weekly. Thank you for all the great responses. I have enough content now for a while. Unfortunately, I already missed a week so “weekly” is out the window. I’m going to do better. This is the very reason why I am writing this post today. For whatever reason I put a ton of pressure on myself in writing these “blogs” “my random musings”. I want them to be perfect. The funny thing is I wouldn’t consider myself to be a perfectionist (some may disagree, they are entitled to their own opinions.) I just don’t really enjoy writing, my grammar isn’t the best and I write like I talk. GANGSTER!!! Don’t get me wrong, when I do write I want it to be worth reading, excellent, inspiring, challenging at times, motivational always. These are the things I love, these are the things I read, this is what I know is in me and people need. There were so many great responses / options for me to chose from but before I start getting in to all of them I wanted to encourage someone with this quote I read today kind of ties in perfectly with my frustration in my own writing.
“A GOOD PLAN EXECUTED TODAY IS BETTER THAN A PERFECT PLAN EXECUTED AT SOME INDEFINITE POINT IN THE FUTURE”
The pressure of perfect. The pressure of people’s opinions. These are the KILLERS OF CREATIVITY. The main cause of procrastination which is the first sign of quitting. STOP PUTTING OFF.
10 Musings to help you do what you know you should do BUT YOU DON’T
- Stop worrying about what other people think or might say.
- Start caring about yourself and you future enjoyment and pleasure.
- Stop allowing something you aren’t THE BEST at keep you from being BETTER DAILY.
- Think highly of YOURSELF.
- Focus more on what you DO have to offer not what you DON’T have to offer.
- Understand everyone’s taste is different. Decide your flavor and GO.
- Take the first step. Just don’t stop after it.
- Push through the limitations.
- Force yourself to DO IT even when you DON’T WANT TOO.
- Wear NIKE – it just helps. (Just Do It)
Now go after it. Go get what you want. Grab what you deserve. Don’t allow anyone or anything to keep you from the very thing that gives you purpose.